Hynes Convention Center, Room 310
This program identifies two of the characteristics – grit and growth mindset – that many successful women attorneys have in common, often above other measures such as IQ, class rank, or law school. Educating participants about the science behind these traits, the program will provide attendees with tools to assess their levels of grit and growth mindset and offer practical ways to incorporate these concepts in attorney performance evaluations and professional development programs. In addition, grit and growth mindset will be directly applied to situations women attorneys find themselves in while practicing law, such as arguing a deposition, making a pitch, and handling a heavy workload. Ultimately, these traits can be taught and leveraged to enhance the quality and effectiveness of women lawyers and ensure competence, better communication between attorney and client, and zealous advocacy on behalf of the client.
Roberta Liebenberg, Senior Partner, Fine Kaplan and Black
Manar Morales, President & CEO, Diversity & Flexibility Alliance
* Milana Hogan, Director of Recruiting and Professional Development, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
* Katherine Larkin-Wong, Litigation Associate, Latham & Watkins LLP, President, Ms. JD
* Eileen Letts, Co-Managing Partner, Greene and Letts
* Michele Coleman Mayes, Vice President, General Counsel, New York Public Library
* Lauren Stiller Rikleen, President, Rikleen Institute for Strategic Leadership, Executive-in-Residence, Boston College Center for Work & Family
Note: There is a fee charged for this program, unless you have registered to attend the Annual Meeting as part of the Magnitude Value Package.
This program is co-sponsored by the ABA Law Practice Division and the ABA Young Lawyers Division.