Writing Specialist – New England Law | Boston
Application Deadline: 8/27/2017
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover Letter and Writing Sample
Submit Materials To: email@example.com
Opportunity Contact: Lisa Freudenheim, Professor and Acting Director of Academic Excellence Program
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-422-7366
Writing Specialist Position
New England Law | Boston is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time position as Writing Specialist. The Writing Specialist, who will work collaboratively with the Legal Research and Writing and Academic Excellence Programs, will meet individually with law students to promote the development of critical legal writing skills. The position requires presence at the law school for approximately ten hours per week during the academic semester, including the exam period. The Writing Specialist must schedule these hours to accommodate both the day and evening student divisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work directly with students through scheduled meetings and drop-in hours at the law school to assist in all aspects of the writing process, including planning and organizing, fundamental analytical constructs, writing style and mechanics, and editing and proofreading.
• Become familiar with the first and second-year Legal Research and Writing assignments, and communicate with faculty teaching upper class courses to determine significant writing assignments and due dates
• Assist in promoting the Core Grammar online writing support initiative by becoming familiar with this resource and its assessment methodology
• Assist with the promotion of the Writing Specialist resource to the law school community, including both faculty and law students
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school with strong law school credentials
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with faculty and students
• Prior experience in teaching writing at a collegiate or graduate level is highly desired
This is a part-time position at a salary of $10,000 per academic year starting on or before August 22, 2017 (or as soon thereafter as possible). To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
It is the policy of New England Law | Boston to provide equality of opportunity to obtain employment for all persons, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), genetic information, military service, age, or disability. The law school complies with all applicable federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws, including Title IX. The school’s services and facilities are available only to employers who observe the principle of equal opportunity stated in this policy.
For further information on this opportunity, contact Kim Pelzar at firstname.lastname@example.org