If you are interested in this position, please apply at: http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=777&ji=2696470&sn=I
Job Description (Responsibilities):
Reporting to the Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Director will manage activities to achieve effective and timely advancement of BCBSMA state public policy, regulatory and legislative agenda in a coordinated fashion.
- Oversees the development of draft state legislative, policy and regulatory language as necessary and direct internal preparation and eventual support for BCBSMA filings and initiatives with state regulators and legislators.
- Ensures seamless coordination towards the creation or editing of state policy, legislation and regulations from BCBSMA to public policy contacts and maintain internal processes effective for the dissemination and education of relevant policy, legislative and regulatory changes back to the company’s cross-functional leadership. Ensures that relevant senior leadership, is apprised of meaningful and emerging developments and activities within state government and the policy community. Engages with and direct the education of BCBSMA constituencies concerning state legislation, regulations and policy relevant to the company’s business initiatives and the Massachusetts health care marketplace.
- Analyzes state legislation, regulations, policy, developments, and/or proposals as needed. Identify opportunities for advancement of policy, legislative and regulatory initiatives, especially regarding health care quality and affordability.
- Advocates BCBSMA’s priority positions on policy, regulations and legislation on an as needed basis at relevant meetings and public hearings.
Experience and Education:
- At least eight years’ experience in Massachusetts regulatory, public policy and legislative matters with direct experience in Massachusetts state government and at least six years’ experience in the regulatory realm. Specific experience drafting regulations, legislation and policy guidance at an agency level is required. Minimum of five years relevant, hands-on experience managing policy and regulatory staff. Superior and demonstrated ability in writing and organizational skills with strong and demonstrated acumen in policy strategy and strategic analysis within a time-sensitive, dynamic environment.
- JD required; must be a member of the Massachusetts bar