The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Multnomah and Washington Counties, Oregon and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The Senior Attorney is a Boston, MA-based position. The Senior Attorney is responsible for overseeing the delivery of legal services of the VRLC’s Massachusetts office. This position will oversee and mentor VRLC staff attorneys and local pro bono attorneys to ensure quality civil legal services for sexual assault victims in Massachusetts.
- Oversee the direct legal services team in the VRLC’s Boston, MA office;
- Oversee the legal intake process, client eligibility and staffing decisions;
- Provide team members with mentoring, skill building and moral support as needed; oversight and assurance of staff growth, team development and individual professional development of each team member;
- Provide sexual assault victims with emergency legal services, outlining range of options and remedies;
- Oversee the weekly intake and case assessment meetings with staff attorneys and Deputy Director;
- Review and improve community outreach strategy;
- Mentor and support pro bono attorneys representing VRLC clients;
- Oversee client services data collection; and
- Oversee grant reporting under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts 5+ years and in good standing
- Experience managing a team
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving throughout the state
- Courtroom experience
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations
- Experience working with sexual violence victims
- Ability to create and deliver an effective trainingVRLC is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and a cover letter, indicating salary range, via email to HumanResources@victimrights.org with the email subject line “MA Senior Attorney”.