The Alliance for Business Leadership seeks a Program Director to join a growing staff focused on building a strong voice for the progressive business community in Massachusetts. The Alliance for Business Leadership is a coalition of progressive business leaders united in the belief that social responsibility and sustainable economic growth go hand-in-hand. Alliance business leaders run the gamut: from companies large and small; long-established organizations and others that are a bit wet behind the ears; boldfaced names and people still making their mark. Alliance business leaders share a fervent commitment to creating growth and opportunity for everyone.
The ideal Program Director will be a self-starter who thrives in a fluid environment with a diverse set of responsibilities. The Program Director’s role will range from policy and organizing to administrative. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Work with the Executive Director to develop the Alliance’s strategy to expand its work in environmental responsibility and transportation, and to implement that strategy.
• Develop and maintain relationships with organizational allies in the areas of environmental responsibility and transportation.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key elected and appointed officials in the areas of environmental responsibility and transportation.
• Monitor legislative developments related to environmental responsibility and transportation, and recommend and implement appropriate responsive action from the Alliance.
• Increase the education and engagement of the progressive business community around issues of environmental responsibility and transportation. This work will include but not be limited to: coordinating with Alliance staff and board members around securing earned media, organizing educational events, assisting with the development of programming for and planning of ABL Leader Lab, assisting with the placement of Alliance leaders as participants in public events involving environmental responsibility and transportation.
• Staffing environmental responsibility and transportation working groups coming out of ABL Leader Lab. Coordinating with Alliance members around these issues.
• Manage all Alliance administrative needs, including but not limited to: bill payment, communication with vendors, event and meeting coordination, website maintenance, donor stewardship and reporting, and government filings.
• A Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 2 years work experience.
• Familiarity with the Massachusetts civic and political landscape.
• Familiarity with media relations and social media.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Comfort with working in a fluid environment.
• Capacity to think strategically, develop plans, and follow through.
• Willingness to work some evenings.
• Ability to work with and organize people with diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong writing and communications skills.
• Comfort with public speaking.
• Previous experience with the business community and/or issues-based organizing is desired.
A passion for advancing a progressive agenda is required.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.