GLBTQ Domestic Violence Project (GLBTQ-DVP) is a nationally recognized, grassroots organization founded in 1994 to provide education, direct client service and policy advocacy. The organization provides community-based direct services and a residential safe home for survivors throughout Massachusetts with hotline services throughout Southern New England.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Managing Attorney manages all activities of the Legal Services Department, provides direct representation to clients, and supervises paralegal staff.
Reporting & Professional Supervision
The Managing Attorney reports to the Executive Director. Legal mentoring is provided by an outside consulting Attorney.
- Manage all activities of Legal Services Department.
- Manage Paralegal and Pro Bono Attorney pool.
- Develop program policies, develop standards of practice, and prepare government/contract reports.
Direct Client Services
- Conduct client intakes and screenings.
- Provide brief advice & service, and direct representation to domestic violence victims.
- Provide supported referrals to clients.
- Participate in meetings and extensive networking with criminal justice, domestic violence, and legal communities.
- Collaborate with Education Department to increase awareness and utilization of services.
- Recruit Pro Bono Attorney pool.
- Provide general assistance to Executive Director, including records maintenance, staff management, and grant/contract application preparation.
- Manage Legal Services database.
- Conduct outreach to advertise services.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge of GLBTQ issues, sensitivity to diversity issues, and demonstrated project leadership is required. Knowledge of GLBTQ law, domestic violence and/or family law required. Litigation experience preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred. Massachusetts Bar membership and J.D. required. Knowledge of domestic violence or relevant work experience required.