The Office of University Counsel is responsible for managing the legal affairs of the University including advising the board of trustees, president, provost and senior management of schools and divisions on legal issues as well as managing outside counsel hired to represent Tufts. The office provides advice and support to the University’s administrative and academic leadership and personnel on a broad range of matters, including, among others, employee relations, real estate transaction, contracts, litigation and policy development. The office also coordinates the selection and supervision of outside law firms.
The Associate General Counsel for Business Affairs represents the legal interests of the University by providing a range of legal services in the area of business law including real estate, contracts, intellectual property, governance, compliance and governmental and environmental regulation. The individual selected will provide advice to the senior leadership, staff and faculty across all campuses, student judicial bodies and faculty committees on legal risks associated with University operations and programs.
• Juris Doctor
• Ten plus (10+) years of experience in areas of business law
• License to practice law in Massachusetts or eligible for admission to the Massachusetts Bar
• Computer proficiency in preparing legal memos, pleadings, and other documents. Proficiency in conducting legal research using LEXIS/NEXIS, Westlaw, or other research tools
• Superior legal negotiating, drafting, and presentation skills
• Ability to travel as needed, domestically and internationally on behalf of the University
• Ability to attend meetings on all three campuses
• Must successfully complete all appropriate background checks as required
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mcy8k6k