Associate Director, Labor & Employee Relations Harvard University
School/Unit University Administration
Sub-Unit Harvard Human Resources
Job Function Human Resources
Time Status Full-time
Department Labor & Employee Relations
Salary Grade 059
Union 00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities Reporting to the Director of Labor & Employee Relations, the Associate Director is responsible for the following primary duties:
- Lead or assist in negotiation of University’s seven collective bargaining agreements.
- Responsible for administration of University’s seven collective bargaining agreements with emphasis on represented clerical/technical (HUCTW) University employees.
- Lead or assist in developing appropriate labor and collective bargaining strategies in support of department and University interests, including impact bargaining.
- Lead or assist in the creation and/or amendment of employment-related University policies
- Provides a full range of labor relations consultation services to University departments and human resource professionals, including compliance with applicable collective bargaining agreements and University employee policies.
- Coordinates with the Office of the General Counsel on labor relations matters with legal implications for the University, including advice and counsel to departments on the application of labor laws and regulations, as well as the personnel policies for both represented and non-union staff.
- May negotiate and administer the Harvard Project Labor Agreement and serve as the University’s point person on labor relations issues and questions arising on University construction sites.
- May staff and/or oversee various committees established in collective bargaining agreements.
- May be responsible for grievance and problem solving administration provided for in the respective collective bargaining agreements, including Step 3 conferences and University problem solving teams.
- May lead or assist in the monitoring, promotion and enforcement of regulatory, legal and/or policy compliance measures
- May lead or assist in development and administration of labor policies relating to lower paid and contingent employees.
- May develop and conduct training for departments on collective bargaining agreements and labor relations issues, including managing in a union environment, progressive discipline and SHRM Labor Relations module.
- Bachelor’s degree required, J.D. strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Labor Relations or a combination of Labor Relations and relevant professional experience with demonstrated experience in collective bargaining, labor relations and labor contract administration, preferably in higher education
- Demonstrated ability in analysis, negotiation and problem resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of federal labor and employment law preferred, including the NLRA, FLSA, FMLA and ADA
Pre-Employment Screening Identity
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c8d7k22q2p