Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Admissions, the Associate Director of Outreach and Engagement is responsible for the recruitment and continual engagement of prospective law students to Suffolk University Law School. The ideal candidate will be a personable, energetic, and outgoing individual who wishes to share their positive experiences with legal education.
– The Associate Director will travel extensively within the United States and Canada to attend law school recruitment events. These events include LSAC forums, graduate and professional school fairs, and other events to which prospective law students can be engaged.
– The Associate Director will be responsible for building a strong relationship with the pre-law advisor community, including Suffolk University’s College of Arts and Sciences pre-law program. The Associate Director will regularly keep in contact with the faculty and administrators at Suffolk University who are responsible for the pre-law advising of undergraduate students. The Associate Director will innovate new ideas on the further engagement of undergraduate populations.
– The Associate Director will work with the law school faculty and administration on maintaining our current pipeline programs, including SU-PLUS and Marshall-Brennan, while also developing new initiatives for expanding the law school’s pipeline programs.
– The Associate Director will build relationships with the affinity bar associations and other diversity organizations at the undergraduate level in order to enhance the law school’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. The Associate Director will serve on the law school’s Diversity Committee.
– The Associate Director will work with an Associate Academic Dean to effectively manage the outreach efforts conducted by the faculty, which will include phone calls and emails to prospective students. The Associate Director will also work with the Director of Alumni Engagement to ensure similar outreach efforts are being conducted from the Suffolk University Law School alumni base, and also with the Dean of Students Office, to ensure similar outreach efforts are being conducted from the current student population, as needed.
– The Associate Director will serve as a concierge, providing a high level of service to our prospective students. The Associate Director is responsible for providing campus and building tours, which may involve working with current students to assist with this process. The Associate Director is responsible for the oversight of all campus visits, including the Suffolk Experience. The Associate Director will work with the faculty to allow prospective students to sit in on classes.
– The Associate Director is responsible for the consistent engagement with all prospective students through the entire admissions cycle. The Associate Director will be responsible for ensuring all emails and phone calls with prospective students are handled in a timely and professional manner. The Associate Director will work in tandem with the Associate Director of Digital Communication and Marketing to effectively manage the communication with prospective students.
– The Associate Director will play a substantial role in planning and executing all open houses, including Admitted Student Days.
– The Associate Director will maintain and update the recruitment database and produce status reports on recruiting efforts.
– The Associate Director will be responsible for data extraction, data manipulation and management, and translation of raw admission and recruitment data into meaningful summaries with regards to the recruitment and engagement of prospective students.
– The Associate Director will liaise with the LSAC to maximize student recruitment effectiveness.
– The Associate Director may be assigned other duties, as needs arise.
– The Associate Director will also be involved, as needed, in the law school’s admissions process. This may include reading admissions files, meeting and advising candidates, and helping students meet the law school’s admissions requirements. The Associate Director is responsible, along with the Associate Director of Marketing and Communication, for strategizing with the Scholarship Committee how best to allocate scholarship resources to maximize their impact on the law school’s enrollment. The Associate Director will be responsible for completing daily and weekly data reports, as needed. This may include obtaining data from the LSAC and internal systems to project future enrollment and report on the current statistical environment. Further, the Associate Director will need to familiarize him or herself with all admissions office operations functions.
– The Associate Director will be responsible for other duties, as assigned.
This position requires a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school. The Associate Director should have in-depth knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Suffolk University Law School. The Associate Director will ideally have experience in a law school admissions office, or in the alternative, recruitment and/or customer service experience. Formal training in graduate-level research methods and statistical analysis is a plus. The Associate Director must be a self-starter, innovative, and results-oriented with strong verbal and writing communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines. A valid driver’s license is necessary.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bqg5vkn