Job Summary Statement:
The Assistant Director of External Relations manages the alumni and fundraising functions and assists with career development functions for the School of Law’s David J. Epstein Program in Public Interest Law and Policy and Office of Public Interest Programs. The Assistant Director functions as the lead in the department in the absence of the Director.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing and implementing public interest alumni engagement activities; cultivating and supporting alumni affinity groups; developing and overseeing alumni databases and mentorship programs; developing and implementing fundraising strategic plans; developing and implementing marketing and communication plans across a range of platforms; developing and strengthening relationships with public interest employers; helping develop pro bono efforts; developing and coordinating programs and events; advising Epstein Program and other public interest-minded students across a range of academic, career and professional matters; and working with various campus and law school offices and student organizations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA degree required, JD strongly preferred.
- Seven years of experience working in a leadership capacity, preferably at an institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in student services.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation of a career planning office.
- Experience developing, planning, and coordinating events and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage websites and databases and to use technology.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, as well as interpersonal and oral communication skills.
Please note the application deadline is September 27, 2013.
The link to apply is listed below: