State Street Litigation Counsel
Job Opening ID # is 156908
Description: To support the management/oversight responsibilities of the Senior Litigation Counsel in litigation, regulatory matters, and internal investigations.
- Coordinate/direct internal projects for litigation and regulatory matters, including document collection, electronic discovery tasks, fact development and identification of potential witnesses.
- Advise internal clients on strategies for defending/resolving litigation and other disputes.
- Coordinate responses to third party subpoenas and other items of legal services addressed to the Company.
- Support internal investigations
Education: Juris Doctorate
- 3-5 years experience with complex commercial litigation and regulatory enforcement matters involving financial service companies or large organizations with multiple business lines.
- Experience with all aspects of litigation, including, pleadings, discovery, depositions/witness interviews, dispositive motions, trials, appeals and settlement/mediation.
- Experience with electronic discovery.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency with electronically stored information systems (email, desktop and networked systems, account recordkeeping systems)
- Project/case management
- Client counseling, effective communication
- Investigative skills, including effective witness interview
- Ability to effectively interact with and direct outside counsel