Open & closing dates: 01/30/2018 to 02/13/2018
Salary: $33,394 to $43,414 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 05
Work schedule: Full-time
- For additional information, please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/489865200
- DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.This position is located in the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Syracuse Area Office. This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- Performs hands-on microcomputer operations, which includes maintenance and update of system software. Responsible for answering the office phone, collecting general information to assess the caller’s needs, and processing the mail and then distributing accordingly. Retrieves periodic reports from the computer in connection with inspection activities for Area Director. Performs updates to the computer system such as letters, closing reference dates, informal conferences and penalties using word processing and data entry software. Processes reports and prepares responses to inquiries received under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and in compliance with the Privacy Act. Processes penalty payments received and prepare debt collection notices. Performs other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to archiving, filing,and retrieving of case files, ordering office supplies, and assisting with bi-weekly payroll processing.
Conditions Of Employment
- Appointment to this position may require a background investigation.
- Requires a probationary period if the requirement has not been met.
- U.S. Citizenship.
You must have a typing proficiency of 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors. You must have a certificate of proficiency from an organization authorized to issue such certificates or self-certify your proficiency.
QualificationsApplicants must meet either the specialized experience or substitution of education for specialized experience below.
Specialized experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-4 level which includes such experience as:
– Providing clerical support to Compliance Officers or investigators in a regulatory compliance agency which required an understanding of the program;
– Providing general and/or technical information to the public regarding policies or procedures;
– Experience or education that provides a general knowledge of Freedom of Information Act or the Privacy Act;
– Experience in using personal computers for long periods of time to prepare investigative documents with complicated formatting such as headers, footers, tables or charts.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Applicants who do not meet the specialized experience described above may qualify for this position if they possess a 4 years of college level education in any field of study.
If you wish to use your education as a basis for meeting the eligibility and/or minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must submit academic transcripts demonstrating that you meet the qualifying educational requirements. If specific course work is required to fulfill the eligibility and/or minimum qualification requirements, you must supply transcripts from each academic institution in which the required courses were taken in order to receive credit for that course work. See the ‘Qualifications and Evaluations’ section of this announcement for more details.
If you do not submit sufficient academic documentation necessary to demonstrate that you meet the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements described in this announcement, your application will be deemed incomplete and you will be ineligible for further consideration for this vacancy.
College Transcript and Evaluation of Foreign Education – The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from unauthorized secondary schools or post-secondary institutions that are not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service. If your education was completed at a foreign college or university, you must show comparability to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States and comparability to applicable minimum course work requirements for this position. Click Evaluation of Foreign Education for more information.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. Citizens; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Prog and Career Transition Assistance Prog eligibles in the local commuting area.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)