US Department of Labor/Employee Benefits Security Administration PAID Student Trainee positions available in NYC:
To be eligible for appointment, you MUST:
1) be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution, for the purpose of obtaining a diploma, degree, or certificate; and
2) have one full year of graduate level education in one or a combination of the following fields related to the duties of the position: Law, business administration, public administration, finance, accounting, or economics.
Students MUST have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Appointees MUST maintain such grade point average throughout the duration of the internship.
You MUST submit with your application a current academic transcript and/or other official documentation from your academic institution demonstrating your eligibility for appointment. See the “Required Documents” section of the announcement.
To find out more about EBSA, go to:http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/
Student Trainee (Benefit Advisor) – PW-14-BNY-EBSA-88
PW-14-BNY-EBSA-89 – Student Trainee (Investigator Pension)
You must apply on-line. Failure to do so will result in your not being considered for the job.
Please remember the following:
- Applicant must prove/demonstrate that they meet the qualifications of the job
- Answers to the competency questions must be substantiated in the resume – failure to do so, may result in a lower score. This is important, as only the best candidates will be sent to the selecting official for consideration.
- Information provided in a cover letter cannot be used to qualify the applicant. It must be included in the resume.
- Even if your application is sent to the selecting official for consideration, they do not have to interview you.
If your clients have questions, they should contact the person on the vacancy announcement.
Thank you for your help in this endeavor.
Dolores Garcia,Recruitment Coordinator
US Department of Labor,OASAM Boston/New York Region
201 Varick Street, rm-813, New York, New York 10014