Deputy Corporate Secretary – Boston, MA
Santander’s Legal Department assists the bank in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating legal and compliance risks. The department also substantially contributes to successful acquisitions and mergers, integrations and regulatory examinations.
We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization.
As part of Santander’s Legal team, you’ll help provide customized solutions and high quality, cost effective legal services to support Santander’s objectives while ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Responsible for matters relating to Corporate Governance and the Board of Directors for Santander Holdings USA, Santander Bank N.A. and other Santander U.S. entities as assigned. Perform corporate secretarial functions and provide corporate governance advice. Responsible for representing the organization on legal matters as assigned.
- Oversee corporate records and prepare regulatory filings.
- Prepare legal and governance materials for the Boards of Directors and Board Committees. Set Board agendas and record minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Manage communications to the members of the Boards of Directors and associated regulatory communications.
- Keeping apprised of changes in legislation and regulations including statutory requirements for corporate governance under the Federal Reserve Act, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency regulations, New York Stock Exchange listing standards and securities laws.
- Advise Chief Legal Officer, Chief Executive Officer, and others on board and governance related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree; Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution
- At least 10 years of experience practicing in a law firm or in-house corporate environment with prior corporate governance experience, preferably in banking or the financial services industry
- Active& current license to practice law within the United States
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint); Experience with Board portal software a plus; familiarity with New York Stock Exchange listed company standards a plus
- Ability to deal effectively with the Board of Directors and executive management
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellence in drafting; ability to present information in written and oral form clearly and effectively
- Ability to define problems and collect relevant information and apply relevant legal principles to relevant factual situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Santander Bank team members receive competitive pay and benefits including medical/dental/vision plan, 401k with company match, and tuition reimbursement and encourage all to apply.
For immediate consideration, email resume to Paul Tseko at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at jobs.santanderbank.com.
We value the advantages afforded only through a diverse work force and encourage all to apply. EOE M/F/D/V
Santander Bank, N.A. is a Member FDIC and part of Santander Holdings USA, Inc., with more than 700 branches in the Eastern United States. It is a member of the Santander Group, a network of diversified global retail and commercial banks, with a presence in 10 main markets including the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Poland, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Spain and Portugal. Founded in 1857, Santander Group has approximately 14,600 branches, nearly 190,000 employees, and more than 102,000,000 customers worldwide. For more information about Santander Bank, visit http://www.santanderbank.com.