Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
A qualified attorney (typically at least 5 years litigation experience) whose primary responsibility is directing the defense of extra-contractual litigation against Liberty Mutual Group member companies. Attorney will hire and direct outside counsel in various jurisdictions/states around the country, and coordinate litigation strategy with internal client. Litigation may involve both commercial and personal lines insurance products. Attorney also provides consultation, recommendations and direction to internal clients and stakeholders on issues potentially involving extra-contractual claims and litigation. Several years of direct experience representing defendant insurance companies in litigation involving general and/or auto liability, property and workers compensation policies preferred. Requirements include excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure, handle a large volume of cases, conduct legal research and analyze legal issues. Travel required, and may be substantial.
- Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required.
- Generally has less than five years’ experience as a practicing attorney.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment with a large volume of cases.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analyze legal issues.
- Must be available to travel, perhaps substantially.
Please see their website for additional details.