Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
As Business Unit Counsel you will provide practical, sound legal advice and solutions to business clients on a broad spectrum of matters, including contracting, advertising and promotion, regulatory, quality and health care compliance, HIPAA and specified corporate projects. You will coordinate with other Legal department personnel (e.g., employment, privacy, compliance and patent counsel) to provide seamless support to the business.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and support to the Urology and Women’s Health business unit functions, including Marketing, Sales, Reimbursement, Regulatory and Quality. The Urology and Women’s Health business unit offers solutions for treating urological and gynecological disorders like kidney and bladder stones, stress urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and excessive uterine bleeding. May provide additional advice and support to the Endoscopy business unit, which offers solutions for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs.
- Actively work with business leaders to develop creative and compliant alternatives and solutions in diverse matters by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal matters within corporate legal policies.
- Advise on business transactions, including preparation, review and negotiation of agreements in a variety of areas, including supply, distribution, consulting, non-disclosure, and research.
- Collaborate with Global Compliance on the content and implementation of various Company policies and procedures, as well as sales force interactions with health care providers and patients.
- Develop and provide training to Company’s employees on relevant legal topics.
- Provide general support with other corporate attorneys on Company corporate matters.
- Keep current on relevant legislative issues, laws, decisions, and regulations affecting the medical device industry.
- Provide guidance on marketing programs, promotional pieces, and product literature.
- Provide legal counsel and support in business development activities, including conducting due diligence.
- Consult with outside counsel to provide advice in areas of outside counsel’s expertise. Manage outside counsel spend within acceptable budgets.
Quality System Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. Establish and promote a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Company’s Quality Policy, Quality System and relevant regulations.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Outstanding academic record.
- 3-5 years of corporate or healthcare law firm experience or relevant in-house experience.
- Proficiency with FDA regulations a plus.
- Effective written and oral communication abilities and excellent analytical skills.
- Good judgment and strong interpersonal skills and can effectively manage relationships across the globe.
- Enthusiasm for new challenges and to support a dynamic business.