ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, Office of General Counsel
The Office of the General Counsel seeks an attorney experienced in both real estate and other transactional work to join its staff.
Key responsibilities will include (i) representing the University in connection with a variety of real estate transactions, including purchases and sales, financings, leases (residential and commercial), joint ventures, construction, and development agreements; (ii) providing general advice on real estate matters including land use, zoning and other regulatory areas; (iii) providing advice on international programs, activities, and transactions; and (iv) working on other business transactions and general corporate matters.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA-accredited law school. Licensed or eligible for immediate licensure to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a high-quality legal practice.
- Experience representing parties in complex commercial real estate transactions.
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of Boston zoning law and procedures, particularly as applied to colleges and universities, and experience with construction contracts.
- Experience regarding tax-exempt bond financing.
- Experience advising on international transactions or collaborations or establishing international legal entities.
For full consideration, please submit application by Wednesday, March 25th.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BOSTON, MA, US.