|The Massachusetts Port Authority’s Legal Counsel (Real Estate) provides in-house legal support to the administrative and operating departments in compliance with Massport’s policies and procedures with an emphasis on real estate, environmental, construction and contract law.
For more information, click here.
|Essential Tasks of the Job:|
|Provides analysis and creates documentation for Massport staff on the legal implications of Authority plans, policies, agreements, and operational activities.
1. Negotiates and drafts various legal documents, including terminal, hangar and cargo leases, concession agreements, operating agreements, interagency memoranda of understanding, easements, licenses and consulting agreements.
2. Assists in the drafting and review of documents related to airport leasing, Requests For Proposals, and construction matters.
3. Prepares legal memoranda on issues relating to the activities of the Authority, with an emphasis on environmental issues, including environmental permitting issues.
4. Manages and cooperates with outside counsel representing the interests of Massport.
5. Reviews and analyzes federal, state and local case law as it affects Massport policies, procedures and operations.
6. Reviews and tracks legislation impacting the Authority.
7. Monitors Authority activities to verify compliance with laws.
Assists Massport staff regarding various legal issues relating to activities of the Authority, and provides on-going legal counsel to various units within the Authority.
2. Assists unit staff in developing strategies for setting business parameters and conducting negotiations.
Prepares and presents resolutions, memoranda and other supporting documents relative to various items before the Board for action/review.
Monitors the legal and regulatory environment in which Massport conducts business.
Assists Massport staff regarding legal issues relating to tenant activities.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Completes selected projects as assigned by Chief Legal Counsel, Deputy Chief Legal Counsel and Associate Chief Legal Counsel(s).
|Job Requirements and Qualifications:|
|EDUCATION LEVEL: J.D. Required. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in legal analysis, document drafting and administrative, regulatory and constitutional law required.
EXPERIENCE IN RELATED FIELD: 3 – 5 years of relevant or transferable experience in a public agency, corporate or law firm setting with knowledge and skill in legal analysis and document drafting. Experience in environmental analysis, permitting, commercial real estate, and aviation is highly desirable.
2. Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test and security background checks.
|WORK SCHEDULE: Ability to work a 37.5 hour work week. Ability to work additional hours as necessary as work load demands.|
Legal Counsel (Real Estate) – Massachusetts Port AuthorityStesha Emmanuel2015-04-07T22:50:46-04:00