Committee for Public Counsel Services
Children and Family Law Division
44 Bromfield Street, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 482-6212, www.publiccounsel.net
The Committee for Public Counsel Services is accepting applications for the Children and Family Law (“CAFL”) Appellate Panel Certification Training.
Applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in legal research and writing; and
- At least one of the following:
- Two years of child welfare trial experience;
- Primary authorship of two or more appellate briefs in other subjects;
- A recent judicial clerkship, substantial editing experience for a law journal, publication of a law journal article, or other substantial research and writing experience.
Admission into the training is competitive and not all applicants will be admitted.
All admitted applicants must attend the three-day CAFL appellate training program on October 5, October 6, and October 7, 2020 at the offices of Community Legal Aid, 405 Main Street, Worcester, Massachusetts. The registration fee for the three-day training is $175, which includes all materials. Please do not submit payment until after receiving confirmation that you have been accepted into the training, at which point you will receive payment instructions.
Application Submission Instructions:
To be considered, you must submit a completed application to CAFLTraining@publiccounsel.net by August 31, 2020. Your application must include:
- Answers to all questions in the application;
- A current resume;
- Two writing samples totaling no more than 100 pages. Please see paragraph 16 of the Application for more details.
- Two completed reference forms. You can include them in your package, or the references can email them separately. A blank reference form is attached at the end of this application.
In the subject line of your email, please put “[Applicant’s Name] – CAFL Appeals.”
We will not review incomplete applications.
For further information regarding the appellate panel certification process, please contact Rita Caso at (617) 910-5735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the application click the link below: