JOIN THE MBLA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As Justice Thurgood Marshall once said, “Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on”.
Following the path set by our past presidents, board members, committee members and many of our trailblazers, the Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association (“MBLA”) welcomes you to join our organization and continue to effect change throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and beyond.
The MBLA is now accepting applications for officer, director, and board committee leadership positions for 2021-2022.
- Applications for officer and director positions are due by 5 p.m. EST on Monday, May 3, 2021.
We are also recruiting members to serve on board committees.
- Interested members should submit an application as soon as possible.
- Committees will begin work in May 2021.
- This is your opportunity to work in a limited capacity on a committee and help shape our signature programs, as well as work on new and innovative programming.
Renew your membership today.
- You must be a current member of the MBLA to vote or run in this election.
- Memberships expire each year on March 31st. Click here to renew.
With the emergence of COVID-19, the world is faced with a myriad of challenges. It is our duty to safeguard our laws, hold each other accountable and stay safe. To that end, the MBLA continues to monitor and follow recommendations from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and federal and state public health officials. In the coming weeks, we will provide more guidance about our Annual Meeting scheduled for May 11, 2021, including how to participate virtually and through proxy votes.