Website Robins Kaplan LLP
Under the general supervision of senior attorneys and partners, the mid-level associate performs a variety of professional work in support of attorneys in the Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group, including conducting thorough legal research, analyzing documents, preparing and responding to discovery, analyzing coverage, drafting motions, drafting correspondence, including coverage opinions, providing support for depositions, and performing other insurance related work as assigned, including assisting with marketing efforts, articles, and presentations.
This position requires attention to detail, multi-tasking, analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. The incumbent must be able to work under the pressure of strict deadlines on multiple projects.
The ideal candidate will have 3-6 years of experience with civil litigation and insurance coverage (first and/or third party), as well as a strong work ethic. Experience and familiarity with property and/or liability insurance coverage required.
- Manage a diverse case load and effectively prioritize assignments.
- Assist with all phases of the litigation process including: Pleadings, discovery, and motion practice, as needed.
- Assist with the taking and defending of depositions.
- Conduct legal research and assist in advising and supporting the Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group as appropriate.
- Draft correspondence relevant to litigation and/or claims handling.
- Perform coverage analysis and/or claim evaluation.
- Work effectively with others and otherwise align with Robins Kaplan LLP practices and policies.
- Evaluate and appropriately assess the legal implications of projects and issues assigned, queuing up these findings as appropriate to the lead attorney(s).
- Assisting with the Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group’s marketing efforts.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Juris Doctorate Law Degree.
- A member in good standing of the Massachusetts Bar.
- A clear understanding of judicial processes, courts, laws and regulations as they relate to Insurance Coverage and litigation. Familiarity with ECF filing, PACER, Novus and Relativity a plus.
- Communicate proficiently, both orally and in writing.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience handling insurance coverage and/or litigation.
- Work effectively with all levels of staff, representatives of other public agencies and governing bodies.
- Produce high quality legal work under pressure and time constraints.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with Robins Kaplan LLP Information Systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit materials (cover letter, resume, and writing sample) directly to:
Sheryl E. Reilly
Director of Administration, Boston
Robins Kaplan LLP | 800 Boylston Street | Suite 2500 |
Boston, MA 02199
p 617 859 2781 | c 508-930-2556 |
SReilly@RobinsKaplan.com | RobinsKaplan.com
To apply for this job email your details to SReilly@RobinsKaplan.com