Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
We are seeking a highly motivated, smart, flexible attorney with a specialization in public company compliance matters to join our Legal Department. The Associate General Counsel will work with the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and other members of the Legal Department in providing legal advice to Eastern Bankshares, Inc. (the “Company”), Eastern Bank (the “Bank”), and Eastern Insurance Group (“EIG”) on regulatory, transactional and contractual matters. A key focus for this position will be providing advice on SEC compliance obligations and other legal and regulatory obligations associated with public company requirements. The primary duties and responsibilities of the Associate General Counsel will include:
· Advising on all compliance and regulatory requirements applicable to public companies, managing all legal aspects of SEC and exchange filings and advising on public company communications and disclosures, such as earnings releases, press releases, investor presentations and marketing materials, website content and shareholder letters
· Guiding transition from private to public company with respect to employees, board members, advisors and other stakeholders, such as developing policies and related training applicable to public company employees and boards and assisting with ongoing compliance oversight for such policies
· Advising and playing a key role in transactions involving the Company, Bank or EIG
· Providing legal guidance with respect to public company executive compensation, as well as equity plan administration and trading windows
· Negotiating various vendor contracts, technology and license agreements, software as a service agreement, master services agreements, statements of work, and other third party agreements
·Working closely with internal business partners and senior management to identify and find solutions to legal issues affecting the Company, the Bank and EIG
·Providing legal guidance to the Compliance Department in connection with the interpretation and implementation of regulatory or legislative mandates
·Providing discovery and strategy support to external counsel for litigation matters involving the Company, the Bank, or EIG
· Assisting with projects regarding new and existing products, business development transactions, evolving best practices, information technology, regulatory changes and other matters
· Drafting legal memoranda on matters as assigned by the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel or executive management
· Collaborating with and providing clear advice, strategic direction, and guidance to internal clients on a variety of matters.
Education and Experience
· The applicant must be a graduate of an ABA accredited law school and a member in good standing of the Massachusetts Bar. He/she/they must have a minimum of five years’ working experience in a large law firm advising public company clients on compliance and regulatory matters or in the legal department of a public company, preferable at a bank or financial services company, with responsibility for SEC and other regulatory compliance.
· The applicant must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work with many different people and the flexibility to handle multiple matters at a time.
· The position may require some travel between the Franklin Street office in Boston and the office at One Eastern Place in Lynn, with the caveat that it is expected that a significant portion of work will be done from home during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply for this job please visit easternbank.taleo.net.