Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Provide high-quality, practical advice and support to HR on a wide range of day-to-day issues including performance/conduct management, displine and terminations, leaves of absence, disability and immigration in fast-paced environment. Provide support for management of US HR/employment matters, including agency/administrative charges and pre-litigation disputes.
- Provide day-to-day advice to HR on a broad range of employment issues including performance and conduct management, terminations and discipline, wage and hour, immigration, benefits, leave of absence and disability, independent contractors and restrictive covenants.
- Support pre-litigation disputes with attorneys representing current and former employees to reach resolutions favorable to company. Partner with HR and outside counsel to gather information and develop Takeda’s strategic legal position. Provide support to agency administrative charges as well as employment litigation.
- Collaborate with various HR clients to support the development and maintenance of various employment documents (e.g., agreements, policies, offer letters, etc.) aimed at most effectively managing legal risks.
- Provide support for various projects and matters as assigned by Head Counsel, US
Employment and Lead Counsel, US Employment.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- High academic achievement in the study of law
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state in the US
- US employment law specialist with at least 4-5 years of relevant experience in management-side labor/employment law, including law firm experience. In-house experience a plus.
- Experience advising corporate HR clients on employment/HR matters.
- Experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry a plus.
- Traditional labor experience a plus.
- Trusted legal partner
- Demonstrated ability as a strategic, enterprise-minded, influential advisor.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Must have ability to work independently, but also must be a very selfless and effective team player.
- Adherence to highest ethical standards required.
- Must be comfortable handling multiple matters in a constantly-changing, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create authentic working relationships. Collaborative consultative style.
- Must have top-notch written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and effectively to non-lawyers.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be a business-minded lawyer who is responsive to client needs but also brings a clear, pragmatic sensibility and sound judgment to every task.
- Handle abstract and complex issues that sometimes span several functional areas.
- Must have ability to craft pragmatic, fit-for-purpose solutions to legal issues.
- Must be committed to learning as much as possible about the business.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- US employment law specialist with at least 5 years experience in management-side labor/employment law.
- Law firm experience required. In-house experience a plus.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
To apply for this job please visit www.takedajobs.com.