Website Chisholm Chisholm and Kilpatrick, LTD ("CCK")
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD (“CCK”) is seeking an Estate Planning/Probate Attorney to join our growing Bequest Management team in Providence, RI.
CCK is a private, public-interest law firm focused on protecting the rights and advancing the interests of our clients which include individuals denied benefits to which they are entitled, and non-profits whose missions are supported by their donors’ bequests. This position offers rewarding work focused on the firm’s growing national practice in Bequest Management for Non-Profits and Charities. This practice area serves the non-profit community ensuring that donors’ estate planning gifts are honored accurately, efficiently, and compassionately.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
We offer a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, team-oriented practice, focused on quality, service, and supporting our clients’ missions.
To be successful, you need to have:
· A minimum of one full year of trusts and estates and/or probate practice is a requirement for consideration; 3+ years of experience in settling estates and probate experience desired.
Full familiarity with all estate planning instruments, potential legal challenges, and impact on Charitable Beneficiaries.
Initiative, dedication, strong work ethic, excellent time management skills, accountability, and a focus on consistent and continued improvement of self and team.
· Communicate daily with estate and trust fiduciaries, legal counsel, and clients.
· Receive and review a wide range of documents related to trust and estate administration, including probate and tax filings.
· Analyze and interpret estate planning documents.
· Maintain substantial, independent case load.
Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent.
Admission to at least one State Bar. *
Compensation & Benefits:
· Starting annual salary is $85,000 to $115,000, commensurate with candidate experience.
· Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
· Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet workspace is required. As CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report daily to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI.
· This is a presumably full-time position, Monday through Friday.
· Part time opportunity may be considered based on candidate and the firm’s business needs.
Cover letter, resume and writing samples required.
*Only licensed attorneys or those having recently passed any state bar exam apply, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org