Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) is a great place to work. With a history of innovation and growth in a dynamic market, a passionate and dedicated team, and a deep commitment to building next-generation content and licensing solutions using the very best technology and talent available, CCC offers the stability of an ongoing business in an entrepreneurial culture.
Just named one of the ‘Top Women-Led Businesses in Massachusetts’ by the Boston Globe, CCC’s success starts with our team – smart, dynamic, talented professionals whose contributions matter. We’re always learning, developing new skills, and exploring new and better ways to help society clear a path to information, discovery and the next big idea. As we continue on our diversity, equity and inclusion journey, we are committed to fostering growth and inspiring success among all of our team members.
We are seeking a highly motivated General Counsel reporting to the CEO. The General Counsel will be a member of the Executive Team and a trusted advisor/business partner. The General Counsel will lead the in-house legal team as well as oversee outside counsel engagements.
● Manage and advise on corporate governance, business development transactions including partnerships, copyright and other IP issues, software and IP license agreements, regulatory matters, and contract process improvement
● Provide legal advice to the company’s Board of Directors and Committees
● Provide leadership and technical guidance to ensure an effective ethics and compliance program
● Manage CCC’s intellectual property portfolio and work with CTO to grow this portfolio
● Together with management, oversee the company’s actual and potential collaborations with U.S. and international trade associations, collective rights management entities, and the like
● Address developments in the corporate regulatory and governance environment and be proactive in areas related to compliance education and training. Monitor external developments in compliance, including laws and regulations, government investigations and industry best practices
● CCC lawyers also represent the company from time to time as public speakers and writers, including participating in copyright discussion panels and copyright education events, for both legal and customer-organization audiences. In time, the new hire will be called upon to take on a share of such responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications Required
● Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in Massachusetts and/or New York
● 10 plus years of experience practicing law, ideally including both law firm and global in-house experience with expertise in the intellectual property/software/data protection issues that arise in an information science or related industry
● In light of the centrality of copyright law, and copyright and content licensing, to CCC’s businesses, knowledge of copyright and licensing issues
● Proven ability to exercise good judgment, as evidenced by anticipating legal risks, effective communication, and an ability to express opinions independent of business-side preference
● Hands on and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately
● Ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts to all key stakeholders and specifically, to have strong writing skills
● Experience with GDPR and other data security and privacy issues that impact global enterprises
● Agility to quickly assess problems/situations and provide effective solutions
● Strong organizational and time management skills to balance working on multiple projects/priorities
● A proven team and change management leader with exceptional communication skills both written and spoken
CCC (Copyright Clearance Center) is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and vibrant ecosystem that cultivates opportunity for our team and attracts talented people.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and/or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CCC understands that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of disability, please phone Human Resources in USA at t +1 978 750 8400 or outside US at +34 653311670 to let us know the nature of your request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com