The Trial Court Committee on Public Access to Court Records invites comments on proposed Trial Court Rule XIV, Uniform Rules on Public Access to Court Records.
Proposed Trial Court Rule XIV consists of six rules as follows:
- Proposed Rule 1, Scope and Definitions
- Proposed Rule 2, Access to Court Records in a Courthouse
- Proposed Rule 3, Requests for Compiled Data
- Proposed Rule 4, Requests for Bulk Data
- Proposed Rule 5, Remote Access to Electronic Court Records
- Proposed Rule 6, Correction of Clerical Error in Electronic Docket Entry
These rules will govern the public’s access to Trial Court records maintained by a clerk in connection with a case. Each rule is accompanied by the Committee’s explanatory notes for additional guidance.
A copy of the proposed Trial Court Rule XIV appears at the link below. Comments should be sent by email to email@example.com or regular mail, directed to Hon. Peter M. Lauriat, Chair, Public Access to Court Records Committee, Superior Court Administrative Office, 13th Floor, Three Pemberton Square, Boston, MA 02108, by May 4, 2016.