Start 2021 right with this 4-week series designed to teach lawyers, law students, and legal professionals powerful practices of self-compassion to help you find a greater sense of happiness, joy, social connectedness, and life satisfaction and decrease secondary traumatization and burnout. We will meet weekly for one hour throughout January to build the skills to begin a sustainable meditation practice.
Summary of Content
Research has found that mindfulness and self-compassion practices can improve quality of life and decrease feelings of isolation, disconnection, depression, and burnout. However, it can be very is difficult for many of us, especially legal professionals to give ourselves the care and compassion we need to thrive. This 4-week course is designed to learn how to weave more self-compassion into our daily lives and recognize that these practices are not self-indulgent, but actually hold the key to our overall well-being and sense of belonging.
There will be a strong emphasis on practicing self-compassion meditations, including:
- mindfulness of breath,
- affectionate body scan,
- supportive touch,
- self-compassion break,
- compassionate breathing, and
- guided visualizations for inner strength.
- Define Self-Compassion and describe the positive effects on life satisfaction, social connection, and overall happiness.
- Utilize self-compassion practices to experientially learn to take better care of yourself through the interplay of the mind and body.
- Learn how to develop personal self-compassion practices with mindfulness of breath, affectionate body scan, supportive touch, self-compassion break, compassionate breathing, and guided visualizations.
- Learn how to enhance the resiliency of clients we serve through different self-compassion practices designed to decrease depression, anxiety, emotional avoidance, and anger.
Sessions will be recorded and provided to those enrolled.